Thursday, September 18, 2014

Best Chicken Ever!

Hello Again!

Today I want to share a supper I made recently. Tuesday, I believe it was. On my menu was gingered skewered chicken. I first came across this recipe in a ToH publication for grilling and it was Gingered Skewered Beef. Let me tell you, it is delicious! I have made it time and time again and it is a requested recipe from my children during the Spring and Summer which is when I generally make it. However, it is a bit time consuming to thread enough beef onto skewers for seven people! And messy too!

Also, we are trying to cut down on our red meat consumption for a number of reasons, one being cost. While at the store, I found boneless, skinless chicken thighs on sale and snapped them up. I made the marinade the way I usually do, threw the chicken in, and then grilled the thighs. So. Good. So much better even, than the beef. Easier too. All the kids and DH just raved and raved about how good it was! So, here is the recipe for you to enjoy too!

Gingered Chicken
(I think it needs a new name!)
1 cup sugar
1 cup soy sauce (I use Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids due to DH's gluten sensitivity)
1/2 c vegetable oil
Onion powder (I use about 1-2 tsp.)
Garlic powder (about a Tbsp)
Ginger powder (about 1/2-1 tsp)
ground pepper
Chicken (I used a family pack of thighs)

Mix everything in a gallon Ziplock. Add your meat. It's best to marinate overnight, but I've marinated for as little as two hours and had it turn out delicious! Grill until your meat is done to your liking for beef or the juices run clear for chicken. I apologize there are no exact amounts for the spices. If you follow the link to the original recipe, you may be able to gauge better. I pretty much just dump it in.

My son had already started eating when I remembered to snap a picture! lol!

Until Next Time,

Vera
 

No comments:

Post a Comment