Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Wreath for All Seasons

Hello!
I think the craziness of school has finally settled down. The buses are running fairly smoothly...there's just been one hiccup. It seems that a morning routine is finally being established and I know what kind of time I have. I have been wanting to go out to the shed and get my Autumn decor, however, we've had tons of rain lately. In fact, last Tuesday the children had a two hour delay due to flooding from the excessive rain. However, I did have the materials to change out the wreath on my front door, so that's what I did!

Several months ago, maybe the end of May or so, my mom showed me a wreath she had made. Now, truth be told, my mother is *not* crafty, but this wreath was so darn cute! I can't remember where she said she got the idea, but it was a grapevine wreath and artificial flowers. I oohed and ahhed at it so much, she bought me my own wreath form and flowers so I could make one too! That particular wreath used red, white, and blue flowers, but the beauty of this wreath is that you can change it out to suit your needs.

While I was in need of a Fall Fix, I took down my summer wreath and got to work on making it ready for Autumn. Now I'd like to share with you, in case you'd like to make one. Throughout the year I'll be sharing more pictures of it as I change it for holidays and seasons. Let's get started!

First, you need your supplies:

 A grapevine wreath, assorted flowers, wire cutters

Next, cut all your flowers from the main stem. You can see in the picture below about how long to keep the stems. Too long and the poke all the way through the wreath. Too short and they won't anchor well.
 Once all your stems are cut, you simply poke the flowers into the wreath in a pleasing manner. That's it! You can add any embellishments you'd like too. I'm thinking of adding a bow to this one. I just haven't had a chance to do it yet.
Once you're ready for a change, simply pull the stems out and replace them with something else! Also, they don't have to be expensive. All the flowers and leaves used on this wreath came from the dollar store.

Enjoy!

Until Next Time,
Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment