Sunday, August 3, 2014

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?



Hello!

I apologize for my recent absence. I just know you all have been waiting for my next post (haha!)

There have been a million things going on here. We are in the process of moving to a new city (same state) and all the children need to be registered before school starts, two Scouts have successfully been packed up, sent to camp, and have come home, and now we are getting ready to embark on your yearly trek to the beach.

You would think living close to a relatively major beach we would go more often, but the fact of the matter is, it gets too crowded, you have to pay for parking, you have to pack up your things at the end of the day and go home, and it seems to take forever to get there (even though it's maybe 30-40 minutes away). Instead we go to North Carolina. Corolla, to be exact. It's just me, my mom, and the kids, and we have a grand time!

If we aren't splashing in the waves, we are lounging by the pool. It is five days of complete relaxation. Our favorite tradition is going to Kill Devil's Frozen Custard for supper (while they have real food, we get a sundae or a cone or whatever) and then go to Five Guys for "dessert". It is something fun that we always look forward to!

I will try and pop in here and there during the week. I have a few projects on the needles to share and a few vintage topics to chat about!

Until Next Time,

Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment